Friday, June 17, 2011

Swim, Climb, Eat

Yesterday I went to a pool in Santa Fe for the first time. I was excited to be able to cool off and to liberate myself from the usual gravitational/non-buoyant state. The pool at Bicentennial was, however, not ideal. It was a pool, though only 5' deep at its deepest. It was nice to swim around. Soon after I got there, Avery arrived with her son and played in the warmer-than-the-adult-pool tot pool, which was a little concerning. It was indeed quite a cool off, almost too much. But, we couldn't stay long because we had training to get to at 5:30pm.

It was an aerial silk day for me and all of the fabric folk were supposed to show their routine or as much of it as they had. I felt really good about mine and got some very positive feedback, though I do still need to work on my interaction with the audience and "transformation", which is hard because when I climb I like to be internal and focused on what I'm doing, not on the crowd. But, it will be a good thing for me to work on and get better at.

Afterward, Randi and her boyfriend took me out to a nice salad place for dinner and then we attempted to work out some of our acro routine, but didn't do too much on account of our full stomachs and that I was going to meet a friend, Rob, for a drink at 10pm.

I met Rob and his friend Morgan at one of the only bars I've been to in Santa Fe, and the one that I've always met Rob (and Tim and Monica and Kerry) at before. We chatted for about an hour and then all took off to get home so we could get up early. This morning the house was showing at 9am, which realistically isn't too early, but I hadn't even been awake at 9am for several days, so it was a stretch. Randi, her boyfriend and I got up, did a quick clean and went out for some fabulous breakfast at this great little French bakery and cafe. Amazing. I will definitely have to go back for more croissants.

Now, I'm about to head out to Wise Fool for some open training and then head over to La Boca for a few hours of work before I have to be back at Wise Fool for acrobatics. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment