Friday, June 11, 2010

Getting into the Groove

Yesterday was pretty awesome. After training for a bit at Wise Fool, I headed out for some hiking. The trails were pretty close and pretty easy to find. I pulled off the road, slathered on some sunscreen, grabbed my hat and backpack and headed off.

The trails were nice. I was for some reason surprised that there were pine trees, and then that there were pine trees and cacti growing side by side, but then I remembered that we have the same craziness in California... only it seems like it's not as deserty. The path wound through some awesome rocky areas that must have been part of a creek at some point. There were more trees in general than anticipated. I kept following the trails and as they gained more elevation, the trees dwindled. I finally got to the top of whatever peak thing I was on and had a fabulous view of Santa Fe. On the way back down I was inspired to meditate and write some poetry, which was great until the flies wouldn't leave me alone for even a second. I think they were attracted to my saltiness.

When I got "home" to my friend's friends' apartment, we all jumped in the car and went grocery shopping, a much needed errand. When we got back, we all pitched in and made a tasty dinner - graciously, from their food. I helped one of them clean up the kitchen and then another friend met us and we went out to their friend's 80's movie night. We watched "Pretty in Pink" and drank a bunch of beer. We played a drinking game where whenever there was synth music or shoulder pads the last person to touch their nose had to drink this "nasty" beer, that I quite liked. It had salt and clamato in it... it basically tasted like a beery bloody mary.

This morning I got up and packed all my stuff back in the car and headed to Wise Fool, trained a bit and then changed to go to an interview at a food co-op. The interview went pretty well. The guy liked me a lot and told me he would recommend me to his supervisors. Only problem is I won't hear from them (if I do at all since there were over 80 other applicants) for another week to 10 days... so I probably won't be able to work for them anyway. But, crazy thing, when I got back to Wise Fool right after, there was a guy looking for people to help with tech work next week and he'd pay better than the food co-op, so I stand to make a little money next week!

This evening's training went pretty well. My fabric partner and I have a beginning to our act and we taught each other a couple of moves. It's a little frustrating because we have different names for the same moves. That in and of itself isn't that frustrating, but the fact that she and the instructor just comment on it all the time and talk about how much more difficult it makes things is frustrating. We waste so much time saying the same stuff over and over again. Anyway, it was still a good night. After class I went to the grocery store again because I really only got the bare necessities last night and I want to make bread pudding with the rest of this baguette I have.

Anyway, the agenda for tonight looks like making bread pudding, re-dying my hair, possibly watching a movie, and possibly going to another circus camper's birthday party... but I'm not sure. I don't know her that well. I probably should go and bond, but I'm also feeling lazy and like I really wanna try making this bread pudding. lol. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment