Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Changing Plans

So, I did stilt walk at the Father's Day Fiesta and it was great. I was able to dance and walk all over (even up and down a little hill), in gravel, on cement, on bricks. People loved it and I love being able to get dressed up and walk around. After an hour my hips started to get a little tired and sore from all the "marching" we have to do while stilting. My friends Monica and Tim, dropped by after work and we got to talk a bit. We made plans to do a movie night at Monica's later, which was great because I really needed to just chill out and veg. When we finally got down from the stilts, Lisa and I bought some Taos Cow ice cream, which is, as people said it would be, very good. Amy took my stilts, so I didn't have to walk home with them and just got to enjoy my ice cream on the walk. I went over to Monica's a little later and we watched The Life Aquatic, which I hadn't seen before, so that was nice.

We didn't end up going to Penasco or Taos, but that's ok, there's still time. Cohdi might not be there when I finally make it up that way, but hopefully he'll head back to the Bay Area.

Monday found me at Wise Fool working with Teal on our duet and trio with Ant. We decided we wouldn't buy custom leotards/unitards and just went back to her place for lunch and order cheapo ones off the interwebs. Then we went to Target to look for leggings and other costumey stuff and ran into Sophia and Jessie and another woman from BUST... all looking for costume stuff and all failing.

That night was acrobatics training, which went pretty well. My duet with Indi is awesome and we are totally getting into our characters with it and now just working on making it look really good with timing and synchronized movements. We stayed super late Monday night so that we could see all of the acro acts and get and give feedback on them. It was crazy. I was so evidently nervous that I was shaking while doing my routine with Indi just in front of other people in the show!!! And this is the one act out of my four that I'm most confident about at this time!!! AHH! That night I didn't get "home" (I moved to a new place, with the camp director) until after 10pm. I opened a can of garbanzo beans and cut up some cucumber and ate cucumber and hummus and unheated garbanzo beans with cheese... trying to get protein and veggies, but so tired.

Tuesday I headed to Wise Fool by myself and met a few other people here. I ran through my duet fabric piece (without my partner) twice and even on the second run-through got pretty close to containing it within our given time. I felt pretty good about that, so left to go buy groceries, mostly so I can make gluten free chocolate chip cookies for our "lock-in"/sleepover on Friday night. So many people here are gluten intolerant, or have cut it from their diet. I came back to the gym that night for open studio and worked with Teal on our trio and our duet. We're still having issues as a pair getting through it. We left around 8pm, so I got to have an "early" dinner for once.

I got up pretty late this morning because my elbow was giving me some issues last night. But I eventually got out of the house and headed to Wise Fool, where I was supposed to meet Cecil, but she wasn't actually ready when she asked if other people would be there and then did not trust that I would be here long enough for her to actually get some work done. Well, had she left even after saying she thought I would leave, she'd still have at least an hour to work... but whatever. Not my problem.

Now, I'm gonna stretch out and maybe head for a pool. It's been so gawd-awful hot the last few days. And then tonight, we've got aerial training. Then I'm hopefully gonna head over to Tim's for 80s movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment